From my kitchen to yours

From my kitchen to yours

Sunday, May 23, 2010

DAY 13:JUGGIE



We were sitting one day discussing why we don't have pet names and i was reading an Archie comic , so i called her Juggie and she did not have a name for me , and she kept saying "i don't like it , don't call me that " , but the witch elder sister that i am i kept teasing her and today my lovely and darling younger sister is known as "Juggie" by me and all my friends.
We have fought, pulled one anothers hair and screamed and not talked and had a volatile time, but if i had to choose again , i would want "Juliet " to be my sis again , she was always the brave one, nothing and no one frightened her , and i really look up to her, because she has loved me and has been there for me always, she now lives in Dallas , but if i ever need her , she has packed her little munchies , said bye to her darling husband Raj and flown down and just stayed put.
She has had more faith in me than i had in myself and the reason i was ever in MTV is because she pushed me to go , and looked after my puppies Betty-Boo and Ninja , though she was petrified of dogs, she said she knew that i would be brilliant , even though i was clueless.
My sister "Juggie" is like a little tigress , you mess with her family and you will have to leave the jungle, my mad loving and fantastic photographer sister, i love you and Raj and Kyle and Cruz to smithereens , and even though you not here to taste it , i know you will like what I'm making and can imagine the taste, your favorite "lemon cheese cake", actually this is the baked version...

Lemon Cheese Cake
50 gm self rising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50 gm soft butter
275 gm caster sugar
5 large eggs
400 gm cream cheese softened
400 gm
plain flour
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
75gm kishmish/sultanas
142 ml sour cream

Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
Grease and line the base of the pan you are going to bake in.
Sift the self rising flour and baking powder in a bowl, add the butter 50gm of the sugar and 1 egg, mix well then beat for 2-3 minutes.
Spread the mic at the base of the tin.

Separate the remaining eggs. whisk together the remaining egg yolks and sugar till its thick and creamy, add the cream cheese and mix well, fold the plain flour into this mix along with the lemon zest, juice, kishmish and sour cream.

Whisk the egg whites till they are nice and stiff and fold into the cheese mix.
Pour this over the base mix in the yin.
Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours until it is firm yet spongy.
Turn the oven off and leave the cheese cake in for about an hour.
Remove the cheese cake from the oven and leave to cool.
Chill in the fridge . preferably overnight before serving.

We'll i baked the cheese cake before i left for mass, so by the time i came back the kitchen was filled with a subtle but sweet aroma of this delicate cheese cake, as very few people home, used half the amount said in the recipe and it also baked in 45 minutes, and I'm not waiting to cool it over night , so have bitten into it already , its soft , spongy and has a very delicate taste to it and i actually like it warm, so today being Sunday , breakfast with Juggie"s favorite 'Lemon Cheese Cake" only from Maria's Kitchen... have a fun and mad Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment